The effects of steroids can largely be summed up in three words; enhanced muscular condition. Of course, that can be broken down to mean many different things, but it's a fairly accurate statement. At any rate, as you may or may not know, the term "Anabolic Steroid" is relatively broad as it is a generic term that describes a large class of hormones. Look at it as you would a car company; Chevrolet or Ford describes a large class of cars, not a specific car. With this in mind, just as there are many cars that carry similar actions, each one carries specific, unique traits; the same can be said of each anabolic steroid. As you may have guessed, as there are so many specific anabolic steroids, explaining the effects of steroids could prove to be a difficult task. While this is true, we must again look at it like a car; if someone did not know what a car is we wouldn't try to explain the numerous variations, we would simply explain a car in a more general sense, and that's what we want to do with the effects of steroids today.
By-and-large, anabolic steroids are based on the two primary androgens Testosterone and Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) with Testosterone itself being the foundation of them all. Each and every anabolic steroid, of which there are hundreds of variations display unique traits, but of the common twenty-one used by most there is a grouping of traits that are quite common; this is the foundation of anabolic steroids. There are ten specific effects of steroids that are of worthy note, and these ten effects are largely shared by what we can aptly label the big twenty-one. Of the big twenty-one, the majority will carry the majority of these traits, but each steroid will carry each trait to a varying level. Further, each of the big twenty-one will carry at times unique traits not found in the list of ten, but the list of ten largely defines the effects of steroids. The list of ten includes:
• Increases in Nitrogen Retention
• Increases in Protein Synthesis
• Increases in Red Blood Cell Count
• Increases in Hemoglobin
• Increases in Glycogenolysis
• Increases in IGF-1
• Increased Rate of Nutrient Efficiency
• Increases in Collagen Synthesis
• Decreases in Glucocorticoid Hormones
• Decreases in SHBG
Now that you understand the ten traits, at least you're familiar with what they are the next course of action is to define what this means to you; simply put, how will the effects of steroids affect you? Through these traits, the individual can go in a few different directions, but in most cases, he will focus on one of two areas; bulking or cutting. It is a common misconception; take anabolic steroids and watch the magic happen; this is a gross misstatement. Anabolic steroids are not magical; they do not cause the rules of nutrition to be broken, and the direction you take your nutrition will determine the direction the effects of steroids have on you. It's truly quite simple; to grow, you must consume more calories than you burn, and to lean out you must consume fewer calories than you burn. While this is being a bit simplistic, on the whole you can rest assured it is dead on the money. Of course, with all the effects of steroids yield, regardless of bulking or cutting there will be certain attributes that are assured in all cases; such as increased rates of recovery and the enhancement or decreases of specific areas, i.e. increased nitrogen retention, decreased glucocorticoids, etc. At any rate, by the effects of steroids, what this means for you can be translated into the following:
• Increased Muscle Mass
• Increased Strength
• Increased Stamina
• Increased Rate of Recovery
• Increased Overall Conditioning:
• Decreased Body-Fat
• Increased Rate of Lipolysis
• An Enhanced Well-Being
To simply supplement with anabolic steroids is not enough; to truly garner success we must maximize the supplemental use of the anabolic hormones at hand. There are several key components that will come into play in this regard, and of the many, the first one on our list is by far the most crucial. In any case, to maximize the effects of steroids, you will find the following to enhance your goals:
1. Supplementing Responsibly: If you supplement haphazardly and fall prey to a host of adverse effects, no matter what you've achieved it will be overshadowed by the problems at hand.
2. Education: It is extremely important to educate yourself on the numerous anabolic steroid forms, so that you know how to stack and cycle them with the highest level of effectiveness.
3. Exercising Caution: This is largely part of one and two on our list, for if they are followed, you will know which steps to take in-order to avoid adverse side-effects and only enjoy the positive effects of steroids.
4. Non-Anabolic Steroidal Supplementation: Through the use of other performance based items such as Human Growth Hormone (HGH), Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG), as well as other peptides, SERM's, AI's thyroid supplements and a host of others, we can enhance the effects of the anabolic steroids in-which we are supplementing with.
5. Mode of Purchase: If you purchase anabolic steroids from a many black market suppliers, you run the risk of under-dosed and even contaminated anabolic steroids, and of course, outright counterfeits. When you buy anabolic steroids, it is imperative that you research your supplier as thoroughly as you did the hormones themselves. Make no mistake, there are numerous high quality suppliers on the market, but you will have to hunt them down. It is also very important that you keep in mind the legality of such a purchase, as the law can vary tremendously depending on where you live.